Electrician - York Hospital - Full Time
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Full Time - Evening
- Service and Trades
- Req #: 71364
What's in it for you at WellSpan?
- Approximately 152 hours of PTO per year
- The most expensive medical benefits for a family is $140.50 - see page below for more info
- Dental and Vision
- Retirement: WellSpan contributes a base amount equal to 4% of your compensation to the plan, plus an additional match
- Education Assistance
- Find out more at: https://www.joinwellspan.org/Benefits/
10 Hours Shifts
Evenings 2:00 PM - 12:30 AM (10% shift differential)
Week One - Monday - Thursday
Week Two - Tuesday - Friday
40 Hours per week, 80 hours per biweekly pay period
Under the direct supervision of the Foreman, must have full competency in Electrician engineering trade and must have intermediate skills in a second core trade. The core engineering trades are: Carpentry, Mechanic, Plumber, and Electrician. The benchmark for intermediate skills test is listed below by trade.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands Ohms Law, National Electrical Code, OSHA lock and tag, and how to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to install EMT, rigid, flexible metal and rigid non-metallic conduit. Install distribution panels, size breakers, fuses, and size branch circuit wiring.
- Ability to use multi meter to check voltage and continuity.
- Understand the NEMA plug and receptacle configurations.
- Understand lighting installation and lighting controls for dimming, occupancy sensing, and 2/3 way switching.
- Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets and other simple elements of electrical systems.
- Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Measures, cuts, threads and installs electrical conduit.
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Splices wires.
- Connects wiring to fixtures and power equipment.
- Installs grounding leads.
- Ensures that all circuits are properly protected and all motors have appropriate starting circuits to absorb initial starting surge.
- Ensures that all ground fault circuits are working properly and that major circuit breakers are properly marked as to the circuits they control.
- Inspects and performs safety tests on electrical lighting, emergency generators, alarm systems, communication system, medical equipment, and HVAC system.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 - 3 years
- Required Cert / Training: Four (4) year electrician apprenticeship program
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Physical Demands:
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry 26 to 50 lbs)
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching