Imaging Information Specialist - Evening
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Imaging Support Services
- Full Time - Evening
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 71357
Schedule & Location
Full-Time: 2:45pm - 11:15pm; Weekend and Holiday Rotation
York Hospital: 1001 S George Street, York
Under general supervision, maintains digital and analog images, assists Radiologists with various duties such as, hanging analog films, uploading images or work lists from PACS and preparing imaging studies for interpretation by the physician. Performs various clerical duties such as filing, faxing, scanning, copying, sorting/distributing incoming and outgoing mail, answering multiline telephones, setting up/maintaining files and preparing reports. May provide courier services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files using knowledge of various computer software applications.
- Uses QA process to verify completeness, accuracy and format of scanned documents.
- Assists Radiologists with various duties such as, hanging analog films, uploading images or work lists from PACS and assisting with telephone calls as well as preparing paperwork for the Radiologist’s reading of studies.
- Data entry of exam information for outside radiology services. Processes inbound and outbound exam/patient information for outside radiology services.
- Processes requests for the printing of analog images and/or copying images for continuing care, as well as uploading outside images into PACS.
- Assists with the reporting of priority exam results to the clinician.
- Maintains quality customer service by ensuring accurate and complete documentation on required forms and/or patient records.
- Coordinates and/or transports imaging jackets, mail and other related imaging items to off site facilities.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing, faxing, scanning, copying, sorting/distributing incoming and outgoing mail, answering multiline telephones, setting up/maintaining files and preparing reports.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 - 6 months
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Required Courses:
- Medical terminology
- Basic computer skills; typing and filing skills