Maintenance Mechanic - York Hospital - Full Time
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Full Time - Evening
- Service and Trades
- Req #: 71348
What's in it for you at WellSpan?
- Approximately 152 hours of PTO per year
- The most expensive medical benefits for a family is $140.50 - see page below for more info
- Dental and Vision
- Retirement: WellSpan contributes a base amount equal to 4% of your compensation to the plan, plus an additional match
- Education Assistance
- Find out more at: https://www.joinwellspan.org/Benefits/
10 Hours Shifts
Evenings 2:00 PM - 12:30 AM (10% shift differential)
Week One - Monday - Thursday
Week Two - Tuesday - Friday
40 Hours per week, 80 hours per biweekly pay period
Under the direct supervision of the Foreman, must have full competency in one core engineering trade and must have intermediate skills in a second core trade. The core engineering trades are: Carpentry, Mechanic, Plumber, and Electrician. The benchmark for intermediate skills test is listed below by trade.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs repairs to semi-complex mechanical devises, intermediate repairs to litters and beds, and PM of belt driven equipment, and food preparation equipment.
- Able to install air regulation and drying equipment. Basic understanding of pneumatics and control devices. Knowledge of plumbing for high pressure gases.
- Basic plumbing abilities such as pipe threading, application of fittings for piping systems, and welding/soldering.
- Intermediate troubleshooting skills for auto doors, OR tables, ice machines, medical gas outlets, fan coils, and pumps air/liquid, tube system.
- Basic electrical skills required proving competency for working with voltages to 480v and experience troubleshooting control circuitry.
- Fundamental understanding in refrigeration theory and ability to perform basic repairs and PMs on refrigeration equipment.
- Ability to service lighting fixtures (i.e. install ballasts/bulbs).
- Examines machinery or mechanical equipment and identifies reason for malfunction.
- Performs maintenance, repair or replacement of broken parts.
- Uses hand tools, power tools and testing instruments to repair and maintain machinery and equipment.
- Extracts data from sources such as blue prints, engineering orders, reports and specifications.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Repairs and overhauls pumps and heat exchangers; removes and replaces coils; replaces valves and associated equipment on steam systems or boilers up to 125 psi.
- Installs new equipment and systems and repairs and maintains current equipment and systems as needed.
- Dismantles, moves, installs or repairs various types of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Inspects mechanical rooms of the hospital to ensure proper operation of heat, air conditioning, and ventilation fans and medical support equipment.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machines such as lathes, precision grinders, mills, etc., to perform machining operations.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 - 3 years
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Physical Demands:
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry 26 to 50 lbs)
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching