Physician Office Technician - Family Medicine
This job posting is no longer active.
- Lebanon, PA
- WellSpan Medical Group
- FM-Lebanon-Norman Drive
- Full Time - Day/Evening
- Physician Practices
- Req #: 71321
Schedule and Location
Full-time: Days/Evenings and rotating Saturday mornings
720 Norman Drive, Lebanon, PA 17042
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Nursing Coordinator, the Practice Manager, or Physician/APC, works as a member of the patient care delivery team, and as designated per established policies and procedures, assumes primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The Physician Office Technician position necessitates significant contact with all clinical and clerical staff, physicians and Advanced Practice Providers, patients and families warranting a high degree of interpersonal and customer service skills that promote a caring and healing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clinical Duties:
- Obtains and documents reason for visit, patient vital signs, including temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, pulse oximetry, height and weight.
- Prepares patient for visit and/or procedure by assuring the patient is undressed and appropriately gowned.
- Assists providers with examinations; can serve as a chaperone for exams of a personal nature.
- Performs Point-of-Care (POC) testing which may include blood glucose, hemoccult and specific gravity testing. Performs quality control and maintains related records.
- Collects specimens as directed using appropriate or specified equipment for collecting and handling specimens such as finger stick blood glucose, urine dipstick and culture, urine pregnancy test, and hemoccult testing.
- Performs EKG’s and communicates results to providers.
- Performs data entry of POC lab results into the patient’s chart.
- Assists with safely transporting patients via wheelchair when necessary.
- Ensures all patient care areas are adequately stocked with unexpired supplies. Notifies supervisor when reorder points are reached.
- Adheres to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.
- Possess the knowledge to keep patients safe in all areas of the patient care setting.
- Maintains a visible presence in the clinical area in between tasks.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility.
- Clerical Duties:
- Assist with clinical care team in basket messages EXCEPT abnormal results, prescription renewals and clinical advice
- Schedule appointments
- Schedule urgent studies and referrals
- Completion of patient forms
- Monitor and assist with processing forms, faxes, paperwork of the clinical care team
- Answer team line, emergency line, doctor line and back door line from MCC (if applicable)
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 – 6 months customer service
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Required Certification:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification; Certified Nursing Assistant