Surgical Services Scheduler / Secretary - Evenings
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Operating Rooms
- Full Time - Evening/Night
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 70919
Schedule & Location
Full-Time (72 hrs / 2 week pay)
Monday - Friday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm; E/O Weekend
Under general supervision, performs a variety of admissions, scheduling, reception and secretarial duties. May perform the duties of Nursing Assistant as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Registers/admits urgent/emergency surgery patients. Enters surgical information into appropriate computer system.
- Schedules patients for operative procedures. Schedules inservice room.
- Coordinates with appropriate personnel to facilitate creation of the surgical schedule and to ensure that needed equipment, supplies, personnel and patient information is available for procedures. Prepares surgical schedule.
- Creates medical records for new patients.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Keeps patient records current.
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
- Types a variety of letters, memorandums, reports, meeting minutes, correspondence, forms and other documentation from written copy, dictaphone or transcription as appropriate. Proofs materials for errors.
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files using knowledge of various computer software applications.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the assigned patient population. Assesses and interprets patient age specific data and provides appropriate, age specific treatment. Provides direct patient care to assigned patient age group(s).
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 - 6 months
- Minimum Education:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Preferred Courses:
- Medical secretarial training
- Required Courses:
- Medical terminology course
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing techniques