Pain Management Nurse - York - Full Time
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Interventional Pain Center
- Full Time - Day/Evening
- Req #: 70621
Under general supervision, assesses patients, performs treatments, administers medications and instructs patients and their families in appropriate care. Meets established Standards of Nursing Practice in the management of assigned patients. Acts within the guidelines of federal and state laws, JCAHO standards and professional and ethical practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with peers as necessary and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patients' conditions and assists with the development of individual care plans for patients.
- Prepares patients for scheduled procedures.
- Gives basic triage information to patients and families per provider guidelines and instruction.
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provides health care instruction/education to patient, family members or designated caregiver.
- Assists attending physicians and aids patients and families as needed in times of stress or crisis.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures, ensures proper functioning of equipment and restocks supplies.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the assigned patient
- population. Assesses and interprets patient age specific data and provides appropriate, age specific treatment. Provides
- direct patient care to assigned patient age group(s).
- Demonstrates a commitment to patient, visitor and staff by: complying with all applicable safety regulations; learning the impact of medical errors and methodology that will lead to reduction of errors; reporting actual and potential errors, as well as hazardous conditions; identifying opportunities to standardize processes and "error proof" systems that will lead to increased safety; and participating in safety education programs and root cause analyses as required.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement
- and innovation.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 - 5 years
- Minimum Education:
- Associate's Degree
- Required Certification:
- Registration and current RN license in PA; Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Physical Demands:
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching