Staffing & Scheduling Asst
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Patient Logistics
- Full Time - Evening
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 70591
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager-Nursing Support Services. Develops staffing daily staffing plans every four hours, makes assignments for the Nursing Resource Team and Flex staff, plans and publishes schedules, assists with interfacility transfers and patient flow throughout York Hospital/WellSpan System through electronic health record.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides exceptional customer service, both internally and externally, and represents the department and the organization in a professional and nonjudgmental manner through appropriate telephone etiquette and service recovery initiatives.
- Coordinates and integrates systems, technologies, and services within the department/service line/entity, with other departments/service lines/entities, and provides administrative assistance in the selection of outside services (if needed).
- Continuously provides feedback to improve the department/entity/System's performance. Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation, maintaining an appropriate professional appearance and etiquette during all interactions within the department, during meetings, and through verbal and nonverbal communications.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patient, visitor and staff by: complying with all applicable safety regulations; learning the impact of medical errors and methodology that will lead to reduction of errors; reporting actual and potential errors, as well as hazardous conditions; identifying opportunities to standardize processes and "error proof" systems that will lead to increased safety; and participating in safety education programs and root cause analyses as required.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 year in healthcare
- Preferred CertificationCertified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA)
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Preferred Education:
- Associates Degree in Healthcare
- Excellent computer skills; excellent interpersonal/communication skills; analytical skills