- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Anatomic Pathology
- Full Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 70526
Under the general supervision of the Team Leader-Cytopathology, performs microscopic analysis of cellular samples from all body sites following established standards and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs thorough and accurate microscopic evaluations for gynecologic and non-gynecologic cell samples using recognized cytomorphologic criteria while correlating findings with available clinical data and patient history.
- Classifies slides, records classification, and presents gynecologic slides with unusual or abnormal cell structures as well as all non-gynecologic slides to a pathologist for further examination.
- Records or enters all test results into the laboratory information system, as applicable.
- Participates successfully in an annual CMS-approved proficiency testing program for gynecologic cytology
- Assists with onsite FNA procedures; prepares and stains slides onsite for immediate assessment by cytopathologist
- Properly operates and maintains microscopes and other equipment; uses an automated slide imaging microscope for initial review of all gynecologic cytology slides.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient test results in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as requested.
- Performs other related duties as identified.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Follows all standard operating procedures as applicable to the required job duties; complies with all corporate, safety, quality control and quality assurance standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Maintains required records, reports, and statistics as necessary.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation using LEAN and 5S principles.
- Minimum Experience:
- 6 - 12 months
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Field Of Expertise:
- Preferred Experience:
- Preferred Experience: ThinPrep Imaging experience
- Required Certification:
- Certified as a cytotechnologist per CLIA standards. License required