Maintenance Mechanic - York - Full Time, Evenings
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Full Time - Evening
- Service and Trades
- Req #: 70451
Under the general supervision of the Foreman, performs a variety of general, mechanical and preventive maintenance duties as well as installation, inspection, servicing and overhaul of equipment and facilities of the System.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines machinery or mechanical equipment and identifies reason for malfunction.
- Performs maintenance, repair or replacement of broken parts.
- Uses hand tools, power tools and testing instruments to repair and maintain machinery and equipment.
- Extracts data from sources such as blue prints, engineering orders, reports and specifications.
- Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Repairs and overhauls pumps and heat exchangers; removes and replaces coils; replaces valves and associated equipment on steam systems or boilers up to 125 psi.
- Installs new equipment and systems and repairs and maintains current equipment and systems as needed.
- Dismantles, moves, installs or repairs various types of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Inspects mechanical rooms of the hospital to ensure proper operation of heat, air conditioning, and ventilation fans and medical support equipment.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machines such as lathes, precision grinders, mills, etc., to perform machining operations.
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Serves as relief boiler operator as needed.
- Keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe. Ensures proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Removes snow using snow removal power equipment or shovel.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes and armatures.
- Maintains records on required and completed work.
- Performs other related duties as identified.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 - 5 years
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Physical Demands:
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry 26 to 50 lbs)
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching