High-risk OB Coordinator/Staff Nurse
- Ephrata, PA
- WellSpan Medical Group
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 70472
Schedule and Location
Ephrata Health Pavilion: 175 Martin Ave, Ephrata, PA 17522
Under general supervision, provides direct patient care at the beginner practitioner level, normally in an outpatient setting. Assesses patients, performs treatments, administers medications and instructs patients and their families in appropriate care. May require specialized skills and training depending on work area assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patients' conditions and develops individual care plans for patients.
- Prepares patients for scheduled procedures to assist in patient assessment.
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Arranges for patients' ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Provides health care instruction/education to patient and family members.
- Performs a variety of nursing administrative duties.
- Assists attending physicians and aids patients and families as needed in times of stress or crisis.
- Minimum Experience:
- 6 - 12 months OB/Gyn
- Minimum Education:
- Associate's Degree
- Required Certification:
- Registration and current RN license in PA; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification