RN Care Coordinator - Cardiology York
- York, PA
- WellSpan Medical Group
- Cardiology EP-York
- Full Time - Day
- Physician Practices
- Req #: 69458
Schedule & Location
Full Time Day (80 hours every two weeks)
Apple Hill Medical Center 25 Monument Road York PA
Under the supervision of the Heart and Vascular Leadership team, coordinates patient care in the outpatient setting to encompass a thorough continuum of quality cardiovascular/electrophysiology care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts job duties in accordance with Well Span’s policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison and consistent contact between the patient, families, and healthcare team throughout the process of diagnosis and treatment.
- Compiles patient’s current health record information, with investigation into current relevant test results, medications, Lab results, and health history.
- Assists physician with patient office visits, navigating EMR, orders and functioning as a physician/ patient advocate during the visit.
- Works to assist patients in coordination of the plan of care, including proper preparation of pts for tests and procedures, as well as follow up care.
- Assists with device/arrhythmia alerts and assists the device clinic with triage of device arrhythmia alerts.
- Performs nurse visits, EKG’s, and device site checks.
- Triaging of patient phone calls, and patient communication of procedures, follow-up testing, etc...
- Will be expected to provide coverage to all pacemaker locations.
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality services for patients.
- Establishes, monitors, and revises educational materials for patient teaching.
- Maybe responsible for PI and other metrics to determine effectiveness, quality, and safety of the patient’s experience, as well as possible participation in quality programs.
- Thorough knowledge of evidence based / best practice.
- Assists with in-basket message completion and proper routing.
- Performs office pacemaker procedures and ICD procedures with physician supervision.
- Follows procedures and protocols for implanted device testing.
- Meets with pacemaker representatives to maintain continuing education and knowledge of implanted device function.
- Provides implanted cardiac device education to patients and clinicians.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Perform other work-related duties as directed. The job duties and responsibilities of the RN include but are not limited to the previously described areas of duty and responsibility.
- Protects patient confidentiality by promoting professional staff communications.
Required Education / Experience
- 3 - 5 years cardiovascular care is preferred
- RN is required; BSN is preferred
- Experience with implanted cardiac devices is preferred