GN or RN - Operating Room - Good Samaritan Hospital
- Lebanon, PA
- WS Good Samaritan Hospital
- General Operating Room
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 70052
This position is eligible for new hire incentives. Please visit WellSpan Benefits & Incentives to see if you qualify.
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, provides professional nursing care at the intermediate practitioner level in accordance with the principles of patient and family-centered care based on the nursing process and according to the clinical standards of the hospital. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Coaches and mentors the Clinical Nurse I. Safely and independently administers prescribed treatments, medications, and nursing interventions based on assessment and plan of care. May require specialized skills depending on unit assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets all expectations of CNI.
- Coaches and mentors the CN I in developing and coordinating the primary nurse case load and their plans of care. Initiates and manages plans of care for more complex groups of assigned patients.
- Independently recognizes subtle changes in condition and modifies plan of care accordingly. Safely and independently administers prescribed treatments, medications, and nursing interventions based on assessment and plan of care. Initiates emergency action in response to acute risk situations.
- Independently organizes and prioritizes time based on higher acuity patient assignments and increased workload.
- Evaluates patient care and promotes goal-directed change to achieve patient outcomes. Able to discuss, document and apply Performance Initiatives and outcomes at the unit level as they relate to the WellSpan Wildly Important Goals (WIGs) and Nursing Sensitive Indicators (NSIs).
- Independently evaluates and monitors the effectiveness of interventions and progress toward outcomes for more complex groups of patients. Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration in evaluation of patient progress. Identifies and facilitates individualized patient needs for transfer/ discharge and includes patient/family in decisions.
- Begins reading current literature. Express interest in evidence based research and its application to best practice. Understands clinical relevance and its impact on patient outcomes.
- Seeks learning opportunities and resources beyond own work environment and incorporates into practice the new knowledge and skills acquired. Required education and competencies completed, including 30 CEU’s above system required education. Encouraged to share pertinent information and job knowledge, related to readings, educational programs and participation in professional organization activities. Meets mandatory criteria for CNAP II level.
- Actively promotes an environment conducive to professional practice, interdisciplinary collaboration, and patient and staff safety. Supports Shared Decision Making by unit and/or hospital-wide committee membership or by supporting and helping fellow co-workers attend committee meetings and/or work on SDM projects.
- Demonstrates leadership at point of care.
- Provides leadership for problem solving and goal formation. Applies current WIGs to care delivery.
- Begins to take on charge duties/responsibilities. Anticipates needs for alterations in staffing for upcoming 24 hours and assists with actions to adjust. Accountable for completion of required charge nurse responsibilities. Demonstrates ownership of patients beyond individual assignments. Applies comprehensive thought process.
- .Promotes cooperation and communication among all team members. Seeks opportunities to assist co-workers without compromising individual responsibilities. Gives feedback to team members about unique strengths and contributions. Consistently interacts with others in a manner that is perceived to be positive, supportive, and respectfully delegates appropriately
- Flexible with schedule and assignments; adapts to changing unit conditions (admissions, discharges, emergencies, etc.).
- Displays conflict resolution and negotiation skills to maximize team performance. Provides feedback in a positive and respectful way. Aware of and investigates events that led to conflict; recommends preventative measures or solutions.
- Acts as coach to CNI staff for clinical issues and potential advancement opportunities.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 years
- Minimum Education:
- Diploma/Associate's Degree
- Preferred Education:
- Bachelors of Science, Nursing (BSN)
- Required Certification:
- Registration and current RN license in PA; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required