Electrician - York Hospital - Full Time Days
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Full Time - Day
- Service and Trades
- Req #: 69619
Under the general supervision of the Foreman, maintains electrical equipment in good condition; repairs and installs the Hospital's electrical systems and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets and other simple elements of electrical systems.
- Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Measures, cuts, threads and installs electrical conduit.
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Splices wires.
- Connects wiring to fixtures and power equipment.
- Installs grounding leads.
- Ensures that all circuits are properly protected and all motors have appropriate starting circuits to absorb initial starting surge.
- Ensures that all ground fault circuits are working properly and that major circuit breakers are properly marked as to the circuits they control.
- Inspects and performs safety tests on electrical lighting, emergency generators, alarm systems, communication system, medical equipment, and HVAC system.
- Removes snow using snow removal power equipment or shovel.
- Minimum Experience:
- 6 - 12 months
- Minimum Education:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Required Certification:
- License as required
- Required Courses:
- Four (4) year electrician apprenticeship program
- Physical Demands:
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry 11 to 25 lbs)
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching