Clinical Coordinator (RN) - Delivery
- Ephrata, PA
- Ephrata Community Hospital
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 69166
Full time, day shift.
Weekends and Holidays, if needed. May be asked to fill in on off shift, if needed.
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, assists in managing the daily operations and activities of professional nursing and nursing support staff on assigned unit. Oversees the successful delivery of quality patient care, service excellence, and patient experience. Provides direct individualized patient care at an experienced clinical nurse level as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the Nurse Manager to ensure that the unit strategic plan, vision, and goals are aligned with the System/nursing strategic plan.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels and skill mix are maintained based on census and acuity.
- Maintains established policies and procedures per National Patient Safety Goals, and agency and state regulations.
- Ensures that appropriate nursing standards of care are developed and implemented based on EBP and nursing research.
- Uses outcome driven data and Nursing Sensitive Indicators to drive and improve care.
- Analyzes Patient Experience data to identify areas for improvement and works within the unit SDM structure to reach targets.
- Facilitates and supports safe, quality care at the bedside by providing exemplary direct patient care.
- Actively facilitates the performance appraisal process. Provides feedback and coaching to improve performance, promote accountability and support the healthy work environment. Uses Just Culture to resolve any performance issues or patient care concerns.
- Partners with the Nurse Manager, Nurse Educator and unit-based committees to ensure appropriate orientation, competency and ability of all staff to provide safe, competent care.
- Serves as a resource and positive role model/mentor to all staff. Supports and promotes SDM and encourages staff participation in shared decision-making.
- Collaborates with the care team to adjust nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Actively participates in the growth and professional development of all staff by encouraging and supporting advancement through the clinical ladder, specialty certifications and supporting continuing education.
- Ensures the care provided is consistent with the mission and goals of the system, meeting or exceeding quality outcomes and regulatory and financial goals.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to identify and address operational problems and other barriers impeding care.
- Minimum Experience:
- Two years of relevant experience; charge nurse experience
- Clinical Nurse II and up (preferred)
- Preferred Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Required Certification:
- Registration and current RN license in PA; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification; ACLS certification, where applicable