Durable Medical Equipment Spec I
This job posting is no longer active.
- Ephrata, PA
- Ephrata-New Holland-York-DME
- Full Time - Day
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 68823
Takes inbound orders and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for opening and closing of the store at the designated time. Ensures the phones are switched to the answering service appropriately when the store opens and closes and that all doors are locked before leaving for the day.
- Greets and waits on customers, both phone and walk-in.
- Answers the telephone and receives patient orders from different referral sources, documenting all necessary information. Reviews all incoming faxes on a daily basis.
- Is responsible for daily cash sheet balances. In some cases, a monthly balance sheet will be required.
- Handles a large majority of customer inquiries and complaints. Follows through to completion. In the event that this is not possible, the customer will be referred to the appropriate employee or manager who can assist.
- Maintains appearance of the store when necessary, i.e., vacuums, cleans windows, dusts, empties trash, etc. Notifies manager of any problems with the building, such as heating and plumbing.
- Is responsible for having product knowledge that not only includes current inventory, but also extends to other products currently available in the marketplace. Keeps current by reviewing magazines, videotapes, etc..
- Communicates and interacts well with all departments of GSH Home Med Care, Inc. and other agencies, (i.e. doctors' offices, hospitals, nursing homes, etc.).
- Assists the Purchasing Clerk in maintaining all inventory levels to meet customer needs. Notifies Purchasing Clerk of items in assigned area that need to be ordered on a weekly basis. Restocks shelves, and notifies customers within two (2) business days of the ordered product’s arrival.
- Processes paperwork within 48 hours of services rendered. This includes timeliness (according to GSH Home Med Care, Inc. guidelines), completeness, and verification of insurance benefits. Initial phone and/or fax orders are addressed within 24 hours of receiving the request. Oxygen orders are addressed within one (1) hour of receiving the request.
- Assists with data entry and filing when needed.
- Makes deliveries on an as-need-basis (rare).
- Performs on-call and delivery duties on a rotating schedule, if applicable.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- Previous experience in customer service
- Min Field of ExpertiseDurable medical equipment (DME) experience preferred
- Req Courses/TrainingCompletes annual mandatory Med University Courses. Maintains current documentation on in-service record. Completes competency training annually on appropriate equipment. Attends product in-services and training sessions. Attends a minimum of 75 percent of staff meetings.
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- :Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing; good memory retention and accuracy to detail required; are fully conversant with products and company fitting and delivery procedures; are able to answer the majority of customer inquiries; exercise judgment and discretion, and function independently within authorized limits; maintains excellent guest relations at all times; good telephone skills; knowledge of and ability to use computers with EME’s billing and inventory software, cash register, photocopier, calculator, fax machine, tape measure, and small hand tools
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the current state of residence. Driving record must meet requirements established by WellSpan Risk Management. Works Saturday hours at the Ephrata store on a rotating schedule, usually one (1) per month, but sometimes two (2) or three (3) per month