Centralized Outreach Specialist
- York, PA
- WellSpan Population Health
- Pop Health Care Management
- Full Time - Day
- Physician Practices
- Req #: 68805
Schedule & Location
Hours: Full Time - Days (80 hours every 2 weeks)
Location: 3421 Concord Rd. York, PA 17402
Under the general supervision of the Quality Improvement Manager, the Centralized Outreach Specialist serves in an expanded role to collaborate with and support primary care physicians and their support staff to achieve the quality outcomes with the goal of optimizing patients' health and wellbeing. This position requires excellent phone-based customer service skills, clear verbal and written communication, ability to follow directions to track and complete a series of complex tasks, basic administrative skills and comfort using technology to track and manage work tasks (Word, Excel, Adobe, and tracking databases). To be effective, the specialist must enjoy communicating with patients via telephone, have a can-do attitude, and an interest in supporting patients, healthcare, and advocacy.Requires a good amount of phone time. Prefer experience as a Health Coach, Community Health Worker, LPN or MA. 80% remote position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts outreach to patients by phone, mail, MyChart secure messaging, and in-person to schedule appointments for preventive care services on behalf of the primary care offices.
- Utilize a variety of outreach strategies to engage various patient populations.
- Complete chart reviews to identify and close preventative care gaps.
- Identify the root cause of gaps in use of services such as physician access through discussion with patients.
- Works closely with the practice clinical team to support patient engagement and confirm the patient has connected with resources, as appropriate.
- Uses standing orders to facilitate patient’s completion of preventative services and testing.
- Coordinates with primary care offices to perform medication authorizations and medication refill requests as directed.
- Provide excellent phone-based customer service skills, engage patients using motivational interviewing.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of department/entity equipment and supplies; mail distribution.
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files using knowledge of various computer software applications.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as identified.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, visitors and staff by: complying with all applicable safety regulations; learning the impact of medical errors and methodology that will lead to reduction of errors; reporting actual and potential errors into the Safety Reporting System (SRS System), as well as hazardous conditions; identifying opportunities to standardize processes and "error proof" systems that will lead to increased safety; and participating in safety education programs and root cause analyses as required.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintains the cleanliness of work areas as required.
- Maintains professional growth and development.
- Embraces the concepts for ensuring a positive patient/family experience every visit, every time. Fosters teamwork with coworkers, and providers. Practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation. Attends Quality Improvement Team meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- :1 – 2 year’s experience in a primary care or specialty office
- Minimum Education:
- :Associate degree or Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Required Certification:
- istration:National certification as a medical assistant
- Req Courses/TrainingCompletes all required education programs and competency testing needed to perform at an advanced level; medical terminology
- Physical Demands:
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking; Occasional sedentary work; lifts supplies, files and equipment.
- Proficient communication skills including SBAR technique; Ability to effectively present clinical information to the care team; proficient in navigating and entering information into an electronic health record; models team work; self-motivated and dependable; able to work independently.