Patient Ambassador - Ephrata
- Ephrata, PA
- WellSpan Medical Group
- FM-Lancaster-222 Fulton St
- Seasonal/Temporary - Day/Evening/Night
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 68571
Full-time; Days; Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p
Under general supervision, provides premier customer service greeting and screening of guests, gives appropriate information, way finding or assistance according to the WellSpan Health System policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively approach & greet all guests to provide an exemplary first impression that fosters an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Ascertain guest’s needs. Take appropriate screening action or provide appropriate information, direction, transporting and escorting as requested and according to established policies and procedures.
- Listen carefully and be sensitive to the needs and wishes of all guests. Treat all guests with dignity and respect.
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer systems using knowledge of various computer software applications. (Epic)
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers. Responsible for providing patient room assistance and providing patient lists to community spiritual leaders
- Always communicates in a way that supports patient confidentiality.
- Continuously observe/maintain the assigned area for potential safety or security issues, overall neatness and cleanliness. Notify appropriate personnel to ensure that corrective action is taken, as necessary
- Act as a liaison between patient families, clinical areas and physicians to provide efficient and accurate information flow.
- Conduct COVID-19 specimen collection as outlined in standard work at certain times as required. This includes explaining the collection process to the patient, supervising patient self-swabbing, securing the specimen to be sent on for testing, and entering the appropriate information into the clinical information system. Appropriate PPE must be worn.
- Minimum Experience:
- One (1) year of customer service-related work.
- Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Preferred Field Of Expertise:
- Customer Service, Bilingual
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skill, ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. basic computer skills required