Patient Access Team Leader
- York, PA
- York Hospital
- YH Emergency Registration
- Full Time - Evening/Night
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 68285
Under direct supervision of the Manager/Supervisor-Patient Access, oversees the daily operations of assigned Patient Access Department. Supervises work activities of assigned staff. Uses exceptional customer service practices. Represents WellSpan in a professional and positive manner. Provides support to Manager/Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees daily operations.
- Performs duties as a working staff member.
- In the absence of the team supervisor, serves as the primary leader for the team.
- Works independently to troubleshoot technical issues and resolve personal conflicts.
- Provides feedback to supervisor for performance evaluations.
- Actively participates in the interview process for open positions for departments.
- Facilitates department orientation for new hires.
- Assists in the coaching and development of staff and implementing corrective action plans if necessary.
- Oversees training in general of new hires and implements new initiatives with current staff.
- Ensures that standards of quality and efficiency are met.
- Promotes the active engagement of all employees and supports recognition of staff accomplishments.
- Assists supervisor with projects as needed.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 – 2 years (Demonstrated leadership potential preferred)
- Req Courses/TrainingBecome fully trained on trauma/TAT policies and procedures within 6 months of employment where deemed necessary. Obtain Certified Healthcare Access Association certification within one year where deemed necessary
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Serves as an on-call contact for coverage on an as needed basis; Appropriate certification, as required