Milieu and Behavior Management Trainer - Mt. Gretna - Days
- Mount Gretna, PA
- WellSpan Philhaven
- Milieu Beh Mgt
- Full Time - Day
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 67858
Provide milieu & behavior management training during orientation of new staff and ongoing renewal training as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates mastery of subject.
- Demonstrates awareness of adult learning needs.
- Utilizes teaching, observation, and assessment skills to orient, instruct and monitor staff competencies in MBMT.
- Provides effective feedback, coaching, mentoring, and evaluation to assist in professional development of staff.
- Demonstrates respect and value for each employee in all contacts.
- Maintains certification in MBMT.
- Observes and assesses staff competency in MBMT while staff are in job assignments.
- Provides feedback to staff and supervisors regarding staff competencies in MBMT.
- Supports a culture of safety through consistent MBMT approaches maintained in all programs and all shifts.
- Collaborates with managers in staff professional development via MBMT.
- Provides in-service education as requested.
- Assists in CPR training program according to American Heart Association guidelines.
- Performs as direct care staff when need arises and under the supervision of program manager.
- Minimum Experience:
- Two years in mental health setting, with one year in a leadership role.
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Field Of Expertise:
- Mental Health
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills; capable of providing effective training; good leadership, motivational, coaching, interpersonal, and patient management skills; audiovisual technical ability to manage audiovisual equipment; visual ability to prepare and to review written material; moderate word processing and database searching skills; possess the physical ability to work freely throughout the facility and teach classes in passive restraint and respond to behavioral emergencies as needed
Additional InformationHours are typically 7am-5pm