Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT) - Full-time Nights - Chambersburg Hospital
- Chambersburg, PA
- Chambersburg Hospital
- Respiratory Care Services
- Full Time - 12-hour flexible day/night with rotation as needed shift
- Allied Health
- Req #: 5520
Position Function: Under the supervision of the Manager of Respiratory Care Services, administers various types of respiratory treatments to patients, assists with assessing and evaluating respiratory care to patients and assists with the development and evaluation of respiratory care services. Contributes to the Respiratory Care Service, Hospital, and American Association of Respiratory Therapy through support of objectives, educational and research efforts. The RRT is responsible to recognize and treat physical changes unique to the age group he/she serves.
- Assesses respiratory and cardiac-ill patients (both routine and emergency) upon admission, throughout hospitalization and at the time of discharge so as to provide adequate care.
- Plans and directs patient care (both routine and emergency) by assuming responsibility as well as accountability for the development, review and implementation of the respiratory care plan.
- Identifies and implements appropriate respiratory care activities, observations and actions in order to achieve expected outcomes/goals.
- Directs and mentors others among whom respiratory interventions are delegated.
- Evaluates patient respiratory progress toward achievement of expected outcomes/goals.
** All of the above must be accomplished in a safe and efficient manner within Respiratory Care Services scope of practice and Hospital policy.
Qualifications and Standards
Formal Education and Training: Baccalaureate degree from an AMA-accredited Respiratory Therapist Program or satisfies the educational requirements for a registered therapist as established by The National Board for Respiratory Care or Pennsylvania Medical Board.
Informal or Continuing Education: As appropriate.
Experience: Experience applying customer service behaviors and communication skills required. Previous acute care respiratory experience preferred.
Certifications/Licensure: Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care and licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the Pennsylvania Medical Board required. Current CPR certification required. NRP required; credential must be obtained within six (6) months of hire date. ACLS preferred.