Psychiatric Technician - Child/Adolescent Inpatient - Days
- Mount Gretna, PA
- WellSpan Philhaven
- Part Time - Day
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 67420
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager, assists the professional staff in the care of psychiatric patients. Facilitates the maintenance of the therapeutic environment in the psychiatric unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides care to patients in a manner that considers safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
- Assists the team members in the care and evaluation of patients.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Checks patient's vital signs.
- Charts observations on assigned patients' vital signs in legible, accurate and appropriate format following hospital and unit procedures.
- May apply physical restraints or assist with placing a patient in seclusion under the direct supervision of the physician or RN.
- Must qualify for driving privileges as outlined with WellSpan Risk Managment and have valid driver's license in state of residence
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 - 3 months
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D. Prefer Certified Nursing Assistant or some college level social science credits
- Required Certification:
- CPR certification
- Required Courses:
- Must provide clearance per the Child Protective Services Law amended by PA Act 33 of 1985