Behavioral Health Clinic Team Leader
- York, PA
- WellSpan Medical Group
- BH Outpatient Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 67713
Under the general supervision of the Clinic Supervisor or Senior Clinic Manager, leads the work of front office personnel in behavioral health outpatient clinics by training, allocating and monitoring of work. Provides oversight to front office staff and serves as content expert. Provides support to staff in various front office activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Disseminates work to staff, establishes priorities and resolves problems related to day to day operations.
- Assists the management team in identifying Areas of Improvement (AOI). Engages staff to use recommended improvement tools to improve all aspects of operations.
- Provides guidance to staff in the release of medical information policies and procedures.
- Serves as resource and superuser for computer applications. May create and manage master schedules.
- May submit payroll information in the manager’s absence or as assigned.
- Promotes safety, reporting and assists staff in reporting events that impact patient safety.
- Is responsible for any of the duties and responsibilities of the Behavioral Health Office Assistant.
- May be responsible for maintaining adequate inventory and ordering supplies.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 years of previous physical/mental health office experience
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D. Post secondary training desired (e.g., Medical Secretarial/Assisting)
- Preferred Education:
- Associate’s Degree
- Preferred Courses:
- Computerized billing/scheduling system
- Required Courses:
- Medical terminology course
- Excellent interpersonal /communication skills
- Knowledge of medical/mental health operations to include reception, billing, scheduling, insurance and general office skills
- Self motivated
- Models team work
- Able to work independently.