Physical Therapist - Wheatlyn Rehab
- Manchester, PA
- York Hospital
- Wheatlyn Rehab
- Part Time - Day/Evening
- Rehabilitation Services
- Req #: 67686
Under general supervision, provides physical therapy services at an entry to intermediate skills level to individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy and works collaboratively with interdisciplinary treatment team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates patient using diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- Plans individualized physical therapy program for each patient including exercises, therapeutic modalities and procedures.
- Directs and supervises patient in active, active assisted, passive exercises, muscle re-education, and functional training using appropriate equipment as needed.
- Provides instructions in therapeutic procedures to be continued by the patient.
- Coordinates physical therapy activities in collaboration with the other members of the interdisciplinary team to facilitate achievement of goals established.
- Conducts or participates in training medical and nursing personnel in physical therapy techniques and objectives.
- Utilizes safe patient handling techniques for all patient transfers, lifts and positioning.
- Provides supervision of PTAs and Rehab Aides as required by PA practice act.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited program in physical therapy
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- BLS certification
- Up to 6 months experience required