- York, PA
- York Hospital
- Part Time - Night
- Allied Health
- Req #: 67479
Under the direct supervision of the supervisor and Radiologist, performs routine diagnostic, technical and/or specialradiographic procedures at a general skill level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs radiographic examinations.
- Schedules cases to coordinate with other patient examinations.
- Positions and transfers patients safely and comfortably and explains basic procedure.
- Immobilizes patients as necessary and practices radiation safety procedures.
- Supervises, assists and evaluates students in the clinical education setting.
- Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis.
- Prepares and maintains written documentation as required by the profession and the department.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work areas and/or patient rooms.
- Develops film through automatic processing.
- Requests and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as identified
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the assigned patient opulation. Assesses and interprets patient age specific data and provides appropriate, age specific treatment. Provides irect patient care to assigned patient age group(s).
- Demonstrates a commitment to patient, visitor and staff by: complying with all applicable safety regulations; learning the impact of medical errors and methodology that will lead to reduction of errors; reporting actual and potential errors, as well as hazardous conditions; identifying opportunities to standardize processes and "error proof" systems that will lead to increased safety; and participating in safety education programs and root cause analyses as required.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Minimum Experience:
- 6 - 12 months
- Minimum Education:
- Associate's Degree
- Required Certification:
- Registration/license as required; BCLS certification
- Required Courses:
- Accredited program in radiologic technology