Clinical Dietitian - Heart and Vascular Center Outpatient - Part Time
- York, PA
- WellSpan Medical Group
- Card Heart Failure-York
- Part Time - Day/Evening
- Allied Health
- Req #: 66206
Under general supervision, assesses and monitors nutritional care, manages physician ordered therapeutic diets and provides nutritional education to patients for Heart and Vascular Center Outpatient Counselling services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs nutritional assessments and follow up care involving review of patient charts, diagnoses, and nutritional history.
- Develops and implements a nutrition care plan, as appropriate.
- Performs nutritional screenings and follow up on assigned areas.
- Documents all relevant aspects of nutritional care for patients in accordance with institutional and departmental standards.
- Reviews, updates, and coordinates patient nutritional care through ongoing communications with nursing, providers and other members of the health care team.
- Assesses patients' educational needs. Develops and implements a nutrition education plan for patients on assigned area.
- Teaches group nutrition classes.
- Represents clinical nutrition at multidisciplinary committees, task forces and project groups.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Serves as an educational resource to peers, allied health and medical professionals.
- Attends multidisciplinary team meetings regularly to discuss patient care needs.
- Performs other related duties as identified.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the assigned patient population. Assesses and interprets patient age specific data and provides appropriate, age specific treatment. Provides direct patient care to assigned patient age group(s).
- Maintains appropriate records, reports, and files as required.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 - 2 years
- Minimum Education:
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) approved program
- Bachelor's Degree in Food and Nutrition or related field
- Minimum Field Of Expertise:
- Knowledge of foods/nutrition; food preparation; production; supervisory/instructional techniques
- Preferred Field Of Expertise:
- Required Certification:
- Registration: Nutrition Support Dietitian certification (CNSD) preferred
- Required Courses:
- Completion of ACEND accredited, supervised practice program