Lead Psychiatric Technician - Extended Acute Inpatient - Days INTERNAL
- Mount Gretna, PA
- WellSpan Philhaven
- Extended Acute
- Full Time - Day
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 64377
Under the direct supervision of the level of care director and program manager, and in concert with other team members, this staff works collaboratively to facilitate a stable and smooth operation of the program and provides therapeutic interventions in accordance with best practice guidelines, client treatment plans, and policies. This staff will also provide case management, evaluate and coordinate for educational/vocational potential, and help prepare clients for discharge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and monitors the activities of the individual’s treatment team.
- Assumes responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating, and revising overall treatment goals in collaboration with the client and team, and to provide individual supportive therapy and symptom management.
- Participates in completing the client-centered comprehensive assessment.
- Provides direct clinical services to clients in the office or community setting to teach behavioral symptom management techniques and to assist clients in adapting to and/or coping with internal and external stresses.
- Ensures individualized programming by writing and completing the client’s treatment plan as well as the intake/screening/assessment as assigned.
- Provides assistance to clients and families in development of a discharge plan and helps to determine the appropriate community resources and assists in accessing these resources as needed. This includes establishing and maintaining relationships with community agencies to gather information, make referrals and provide appropriate post discharge care and support.
- Promotes client attendance and participation in groups and activities and documents participation.
- Provides practical help and side-by-side coaching, problems solving, training, and supervision to help clients obtain necessities of daily living.
- Provides care to clients in a manner that considers safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
- Assists the team members in the care and evaluation of clients.
- Assists with program performance improvement measures and outcomes.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 – 2 years
- Min Field of ExpertiseBehavioral/mental health, social science
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of current activities, therapy principals and group counseling skills/techniques
- Required Certification:
- CPR certification
- Required Courses:
- Must provide clearance per the Child Protective Svcs Law amended by PA Act 33 of 1985
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills; analytical skills’
- organization and time management; mental and visual ability to observe client behavior
- and document findings; teaching ability; customer service awareness and capability; knowledge of current activities, therapy principals and group counseling skills/techniques.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the current state of residence. Driving record must meet requirements established by WellSpan Risk Management.