Psychiatric Technician - Extended Acute Inpatient - Days
- Mount Gretna, PA
- WellSpan Philhaven
- Extended Acute
- Part Time - Day
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 63582
Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager, assists the professional staff in the care of psychiatric patients. Facilitates the maintenance of the therapeutic environment in the psychiatric unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides care to patients in a manner that considers safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
- Assists the team members in the care and evaluation of patients.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Checks patient's vital signs.
- Charts observations on assigned patients' vital signs in legible, accurate and appropriate format following hospital and unit procedures.
- May apply physical restraints or assist with placing a patient in seclusion under the direct supervision of the physician or RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the assigned patient population.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1 - 3 months
- Req Cert/RegistrationCPR certification
- Req Course(s)/TrainingMust provide clearance per the Child Protective Services Law amended by PA Act 33 of 1985
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D. Prefer Certified Nursing Assistant or some college level social science credits
- Must have valid driver's license in state of residence. Must qualify for driving privileges as outline by WellSpan Risk Management