Security Officer - Wellspan Surgery and Rehab - PRN, Days/Nights
- York, PA
- WS Surgery & Rehab Hospital
- WSRH Security-WSRH/Apple Hill
- PRN - Day/Night
- Service and Trades
- Req #: 55465
Under the general supervision of the Manager-Security Operations and the Security Supervisors, provides a safe and secure environment for, and responds to the needs of patients, employees, visitors and other customers of the System. Protects System buildings, assets and premises as assigned.
Duties and Responisbilities
- Patrols buildings and premises to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, and intrusion. Patrols parking lots to ensure the safety of individuals and the security of parked vehicles. Reports all suspicious activity, parking violations and abandoned vehicles.
- Responds to emergency situations such as accidents and injuries, fire alarms, crimes in progress and safety hazards. Provides assistance, summons proper authorities and polices area to maintain order, safety and to protect property.
- Employs all necessary equipment to include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during situations that are deemed unsafe and during interactions with precaution patients.
- Responds to inquiries for advice or assistance from employees, students, visitors, and other customers; provides physical restraint of psychiatric patients and others as needed.
- Monitors conduct of visitors on premises; confronts unauthorized persons for questioning as needed; secures weapons and contraband.
- Escorts personnel and visitors to parking lots and hospital buildings.
- Notifies police in case of theft, breaking and entering or other matters requiring notification of authorities. Participates in investigations; maintains records, prepares incident reports and other documents pertinent to safety and security activities and attends hearings.
- Conducts routine visual inspections; Reports safety and/or fire hazards or security violations.
- Coordinates and/or responds to on site fire drills; responds to on site fire alarms and assists the responding fire department.
- Secures and/or unlocks offices and facilities.
- Supports the parking policy, enforcing parking regulations, providing traffic management and performing other related duties.
- Provides administrative support for programs and policy implementation and maintenance as assigned.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Performs Security Operations Technician duties as assigned.
- Secures patient valuables and found property.
- Prepares clear, concise and factual incident reports.
- Must be 21 or older
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 – 6 months.
- Pref Field Of ExpertiseCriminal justice, law enforcement or related field.
- Pref Cert/RegistrationHandcuffing; Oleoresin Capsicum Gel; Taser, and De-escalation
- Req Course(s)/TrainingHandcuffing; Oleoresin Capsicum Gel; Taser; and De-escalation (Training will be provided by WellSpan Health Security Training Coordinator or his/her designee and monitored by the Senior Director of Protection and Security. Training will be provided within 12 months of hire to obtain the required certifications).
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Physical Demands:
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry 26 to 50 lbs)
- Other: Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Other: Must possess a valid driver’s license in the current state of residence. Driving record must meet requirements established by WellSpan Risk Management.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.