Psychiatric Nurse - no weekends & no holidays
- Lancaster, PA
- WellSpan Philhaven
- Lanc Diversion Prog
- Part Time - Day
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 61993
Under general supervision, provides and coordinates treatment and services to psychiatric patients. Functions as a member of the health care team at an intermediate nursing level to assist in the planning and implementation of patient care based upon sound nursing judgment, clinical preparation, knowledge, skills and experience. Nursing care is provided in accordance with the provisions of the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. In addition, serves as a nursing resource for clinical staff and may serve as the key clinical contact in the absence of the Nursing Supervisor or Clinical Team Lead by providing support for clinical staff scheduling and competency oversight of clinicians.
Duties and Responisbilities
- Interviews patients and family members to obtain information about home environment, family relationships, health history, and patient's personality traits.
- Administers medications as prescribed.
- Coordinates care of assigned patients.
- Conducts individual or group therapy sessions. Assesses patients' progress and modifies or extends treatment program accordingly.
- Documents current, accurate observations of care to the patient in appropriate records.
- Provides health care instruction/education to patient and family members.
- Provides medication checks.
- Provides support to nurse triage phone calls when appropriate.
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 - 3 years
- Req Cert/RegistrationRegistration and current RN license in PA; BCLS certification
- Pref Cert/RegistrationCertification as Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse
- Req Course(s)/TrainingChild Abuse Recognition and Reporting Training in accordance with Act31 of 2014, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearances, and finger printing if work with patients under the age of 18; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Minimum Education:
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited RN program
- Preferred EducationBachelor's Degree from an accredited RN program