Patient Ambassador - Central Region
- Central Central Region
- York Hospital
- Laboratory Admin and General
- Seasonal/Temporary - Day/Evening/Night
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 62927
Hours vary by location
WellSpan Health has a temporary Patient Ambassador opportunity in York, PA. If you are currently looking for employment, we encourage you to consider these opportunities as they can provide several benefits-
- Excellent opportunity to gain work experience within WellSpan Health
- Ability to keep your knowledge current and learn new skills
- Build professional network
- Potential path to permanent positions
- Day and evening shifts available
Under general supervision, provides premier customer service greeting and screening of guests, gives appropriate information, way finding or assistance according to the WellSpan Health System policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively approach & greet all guests in an effort to provide an exemplary first impression that fosters an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Ascertain guest’s needs. Take appropriate screening action or provide appropriate information, direction, transporting and escorting as requested and according to established policies and procedures.
- Listen carefully and be sensitive to the needs and wishes of all guests. Treat all guests with dignity and respect.
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer systems using knowledge of various computer software applications. (Epic)
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers. Responsible for providing patient room assistance and providing patient lists to community spiritual leaders
- Communicates at all times in a way that supports patient confidentiality.
- Continuously observe/maintain the assigned area for potential safety or security issues, overall neatness and cleanliness. Notify appropriate personnel to ensure that corrective action is taken, as necessary
- Act as a liaison between patient families, clinical areas and physicians to provide efficient and accurate information flow.
- Provide support and assistance to various departments on an as needed basis.
- Attend educational/in-service classes and departmental staff meetings.
- Ability to complete swab testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skill, ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. basic computer skills required
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Minimum Experience:
- One (1) year of customer service-related work.
- Pref Field Of ExpertiseCustomer Service, Bilingual
- Minimum Education:
- High School Diploma/GED
- High School Diploma/GED