- Gettysburg, PA
- Gettysburg Hospital
- Deatrick Commons Rehab
- PRN - PRN
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 60826
*** This opportunity is as an on-call as needed role ***
Under general supervision, performs diversified secretarial/clerical duties requiring knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare billing protocols. Provides support for department head and department staff as needed.
Duties and Responisbilities
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
- Greets and registers patients in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Schedules patient appointments within established parameters.
- Performs a variety of billing functions including recording patient information, preparing and submitting patient charge vouchers and processing insurance information.
- Bills insurance carriers for appropriate payments.
- Contacts carriers to follow up on balances due.
- Maintains up-to-date patient accounts.
- Prepares and maintains records of patient charges.
- Creates medical records for new patients.
- Establishes and maintains files and records on an ongoing basis.
- Schedules meetings, training and other requirements for staff.
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files using knowledge of various computer software applications.
- Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports, analyses and statements.
- Minimum Experience:
- 6 - 12 months
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- OtherMedical Terminology
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of