Central Intake Nurse
- York, PA
- VNA Home Health Services
- VNAHH General
- PRN - PRN
- Req #: 62127
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Intake, processes all information and referral calls for intake or refers to other services.
Duties and Responisbilities
- Responds to all callers in a positive manner.
- Elicits accurate and pertinent information regarding the patient’s medical, psycho-social and environmental condition and documents appropriately.
- Uses the nursing process to identify and begin to evaluate patient and family needs.
- Functions as a liaison between referral source and VNA staff.
- Accepts and documents verbal orders related to the plan of care.
- Receives information on patients to be discharged from the hospital and initiates plan of care.
- Inputs initial information into computer to begin the admission process.
- Researches and documents insurance information pertinent to home health/hospice needs.
- Forwards all written and verbal information to the appropriate team manager for timely assignment of patient to a primary clinician.
- Responds to requests for information regarding services from patients, families, agencies, hospitals, physicians, etc.
- Directs caller to another source of care if the VNA is unable to supply the service requested.
- Interprets services to callers.
- Represents the WellSpan VNA at community activities, as delegated.
- Performs other related duties as identified.
- Functions in a cost-effective manner in regard to utilization of time, mileage, supplies, etc.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity and quality assurance standards.
- Seeks consultation, guidance and direction from professional or administrative staff, as needed.
- Informs manager of perceived problem areas related to patient care, corporate management, or community relations.
- Keeps clinical skills current with nursing practice norms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the assigned patient population. Assesses and interprets patient age specific data and provides appropriate, age specific treatment. Provides direct patient care to assigned patient age group(s).
- Demonstrates a commitment to patient, visitor and staff by: complying with all applicable safety regulations; learning the impact of medical errors and methodology that will lead to reduction of errors; reporting actual and potential errors, as well as hazardous conditions; identifying opportunities to standardize processes and "error proof" systems that will lead to increased safety; and participating in safety education programs and root cause analyses as required.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement and innovation.
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 years home health experience, one (1) year of which must have been with a VNA
- Req Cert/RegistrationRegistration and current RN license in PA
- Minimum Education:
- Associate’s degree
- Physical Demands:
- Mostly sedentary work
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment