Contact Center Specialist I
- York, PA
- WellSpan Medical Group
- Contact Center
- Full Time - Day/Evening
- Clerical and Administrative
- Req #: 63169
Work From Home positions available upon successful completion of onsite training. (approximately 6-12 week timeframe)
Multiple day shifts currently available; shifts begin 8am-10am; evening and or 4 hour weekend shift rotation a possibility.
Qualified candidates must complete and pass an online call center simulation module from their own computer to be considered for the position.
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor-Centralized Services and the Manager-WMG Contact Center, performs a variety of support functions including, but not limited to, general phone management and call intake, urgent symptom routing, customer interviews, scheduling, registration and insurance record management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer high volume of incoming calls to a centralized phone queue and occasional outgoing calls with exceptional customer service skills in a timely manner
- Actively listen to identify defined urgent symptoms and direct appropriately to clinical staff
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research issues and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Effectively relay medical information to the clinical team to aid them in providing exceptional patient care (verbally or via the patient’s Electronic Health Record as appropriate)
- Maintain accurate and comprehensible documentation of caller’s needs in the patient’s EHR
- Communicate with ancillary areas (pharmacy, lab, imaging, etc.) to provide information for the patient/practice
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by going the extra mile
- Schedule patient appointments within established parameters
- Collect accurate financial and demographic information for registration when necessary
- Pages providers as needed for consults
- Meet department/team qualitative and quantitative targets
- Possess strong computer skills and the ability to maneuver multiple resources
- Utilize communication “scripts” when handling specific topics
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations; obtain 2 patient identifiers with each interaction
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 1-2 years
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Preferred Experience:
- Customer service, medical office and/or call center support
- Req Course(s)/TrainingMedical terminology within 6 months of hire