Crisis Intervention Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
- York, PA
- WellSpan Medical Group
- SAMSHA CCBHC (15655 Grant)
- Part Time - Day/Evening
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 62498
Ability to work independently to meet the client’s needs, assess a crisis situation and provide stabilization to the client at the client’s location as needed, resolve the crisis and appropriately refer the client to necessary services following policy and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds promptly and appropriately to all calls.
- Assesses patient’s immediate needs.
- Stabilizes patient using established crisis intervention techniques.
- Utilizes suicide precaution check list as appropriate.
- Refers to appropriate agency or service.
- Follows up on patient condition as outlined in policy.
- Responds to emergency mental health problems in the community.
- Applies established guidelines of the Mental Health Act.
- Discharges responsibilities of a Mental Health Delegate (including attending hearings as necessary).
- Facilitates admission to a psychiatric facility.
- Maintains PCPC certification and other BDAP required annual training.
- Remains knowledgeable of all licensed county D&A services.
- Arranges detox services as needed.
- Provides intake for county D&A funded services.
- Utilizes knowledge of community services.
- Provides information to inquiries.
- Remains updated to available community resources.
- Assesses the emergency of the need.
- Arranges provision of need following policies and procedures.
- Notifies CAP or LCCM of authorized provisions following policies and procedures.
- Follows policies and procedures regarding Intensive Case Management patients.
- Follows policies and procedures regarding Family Focus patients.
- Fosters cooperation between crisis counselors and MH/MR case managers (this would include follow-up calls to case managers regarding contact with their patients).
- Remains aware of mandated reporter status regarding child abuse.
- Utilizes Childline as appropriate.
- Fosters cooperation between crisis counselors and C&Y case managers.
- Reports suspected Elder Abuse situations to AAA.
- Fosters cooperation between crisis counselors and AAA case managers.
- Documents according to department policy. Content includes:
- .Psychosocial assessment
- .Additional patient information as required
- .Referral or resolution
- .Follow-up telephone contact
- Completes and submits required forms within established time-frame.
- Enters patient information (in computer system) promptly.
- Replenishes office supplies as needed.
- Minimum Experience:
- Two or more years of mental health or crisis intervention experience with unrelated bachelor’s degree
- Min Field Of ExpertisePsychology, Counseling, Social Work or related field of study
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills; the ability to provide counsel; organizational abilities; analytical skills; visual ability to observe patient behavior and to prepare documentation and written materials; physical prowess in order to assist patients; ability to work under stress; stamina to work for long time spans; knowledge of and ability in the care and handling of patients in a specific age group; knowledge of basic Emergency Room treatment procedures, psychological medications, human behavior, treatment modalities of Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol clients, CASSP Principals, human service agencies and their functions and a thorough understanding of the Mental Health Law
- Requires a valid driver’s license in the current state of residence