This job posting is no longer active.
- Lancaster, PA
- WellSpan Philhaven
- Lanc Diversion Prog
- Part Time - Night
- Behavioral Health
- Req #: 62416
Under general supervision, provides structure and support for LADV residents within program guidelines. Exercises leadership during shifts for specific LADV programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct care for LADV residents under the guidance of Treatment Plans that have been developed for all residents including but not limited to: teaching and supervising daily living skills; supervising off-site activities and encouraging resident involvement; intervening to promote milieu safety and security in a manner consistent with ethical and legal guidelines; implementing treatment interventions for specific residents according to individualized needs, strengths, and accompanying service plan guidelines; completing progress (“DAR”) notes, shift summaries and other essential documentation in a legible, timely, descriptive manner.
- Provides guidance to other RC staff and helps program leadership to implement programming including but not limited to: Assisting director/managers/nurse in operation and management of the milieu for a specific LADV program; Orienting new RC staff to LADV; Assisting LADV director/managers in delegating resident assignment, activities, and milieu tasks; insuring all tasks for a given shift are completed and documented (shift assignment sheet); assigning specific RC staff to implement groups and activities; developing and selecting curriculum for therapeutic groups and activities; coordinating primary RC staff assignments for particular residents; using shift summary to insure continuity of approach across shifts and among all team members for LADV
- Oversees functioning of RC staff, including: role model positive staff/resident contacts; monitor behavioral interventions used; reports job performance issues (excellence and problems) to Program Manager or Program Director; serves as resource and role model for medication assistance procedures, as well as various other aspects of the program; modifies daily resident schedule as needed.
- Implements safety and resident supervision guidelines according to established procedures including: Collaborating with on-duty staff to assess, direct response to, and manage resident behavioral crises and implementing interventions recommended by clinical/administrative personnel.
- Provides medication assistance to residents.
- Provide structure and support for individual and group activities within LADV including: meeting regularly for 1:1 goal review with residents; planning and running therapeutic and recreational activities and groups; and organizing and participating in activities with residents.
- Minimum Education:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Preferred Experience:
- Human Services or Nursing experience
- Preferred CoursesCollege coursework related to nursing or Human Services
- Knowledge and experience that include the skills necessary to provide structure, support, and a "home-like" atmosphere; Interpersonal skills (including verbal and listening skills) are necessary in order to establish rapport with the residents and maintain open communication with staff; Analytical skills necessary to evaluate communication (verbal and nonverbal) in order to determine what is being communicated and give and document clear, objective, and accurate feedback concerning changes in resident behavior to appropriate persons; Knowledge and ability in the care and handling of adults is required, including consideration of the special needs and behaviors of this group; Ability to learn and implement Therapeutic Crisis Intervention techniques as needed.